Followers

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Welcome to Beyond the Burtonesque Dolls RRR33

For those of you who loved The Burtonesque Dolls, we now bring you Beyond the Burtonesque Dolls.  This new blog gives the feel of Tim Burton but doesn't limit us to just the world of Tim Burton.  Beyond the Burtonesque Dolls will hopefully introduce you to authors, artists, directors and more that you may not have heard of in the past.  Expanding beyond gives us more options for challenges and helps us expand our horizons. 

Our first challenge is Halloween.  We ask you to create a Halloween project based on your favorite Halloween movie.  Here is mine:


Can you guess my movie?  I will tell you in a minute.  This amazing image is called Devil May Care and is from Delicious Doodles.  I have had it for a while, waiting for the right challenge to use it for and here it is.  I colored my devil with Copics.  I popped up his horns, hands and pitchfork for added drama.  The spiderweb and bats were made with my MS punches.  The ribbon is from Darice.  The designer paper is from Reminisce. 

Did you figure out my movie yet?  The name of the movie is Legend.  In this movie the devil is played by Tim Curry.  I thought this image looked just like Tim did in the movie.  I made this with Miss Claudette in mind.  She loves this movie.  I thought it was ok but Tom Cruise is in it and I am not a fan.  I do remember watching this with Claudette several times.  It was fun to watch her watch the movie.  I haven't seen her in a long time and this was my way of keeping her close. 

Now it is your turn.  Make sure you check out Beyond the Burtonesque Dolls and join in the fun.  I can't wait to see what you come up with.  Good luck!

Thanks for stopping by.

FTPD & NLG

I entered this in Really Reasonable Ribbon's Halloween #33 challenge.



5 comments:

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

I guess I'd better brush up on my movies because I guessed "Hellboy." Great card. Fantastic coloring. TFS

Robin said...

I don't remember the movie at all. Great job coloring him. I love it!

TRACEY O said...

Great card. Fantastic colouring.

Jeanne Streiff said...

Fun card! Thanks for playing the Really Reasonable Ribbons challenge!

mommyof5kidz said...

I also guessed Hellboy!!! Love your Card!!!!
Thank you for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!