Followers

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

How About Some Holiday Cheer from Simply Betty Stamps

Simply Betty Stamps is about to release a new Teen Scene Christmas line.  The previews start today so here we go.

Lola


London

How cute are these?!  I did my usual Copics on these but I have a confession to make.  First, I tried new paper.  I have been using Gina K Designs Pure Luxury since I started with Copics.  I decided to try the X-Press Blend It Card this time (I think that is the name of it).  I am usually quite heavy handed with the colors.  I love bright colors!  With X-Press you need a much lighter touch than what I am used to so I didn't get quite the results I wanted.  I guess I need to practice more.

Second, I dropped black ink on London's shirt.  I didn't mean to so of course I had to do what I could to make it usable since I only printed her once.  Oh well, live and learn.  I have also been trying a little something new that my friend Natasha (name has been changed to protect the innocent) suggested.  I am making my "cards" a little bigger now and matting them so they can be framed.  I sell my projects at craft shows.  I recently did an art show and got such a nice response from people treating them as art instead of cards.  Natasha thought if I had bigger ones with mats I might sell more.  We will see.

The ribbon on both projects is from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I just got my second order from them.  They have beautiful ribbon.  I wish I could remember where I got the cute flower buttons so I could tell you.  I do know I bought them at Archivers.

Betty is giving away a few images randomly to those who leave the Design Team members some love so please leave me some.  You never know which one of the blogs she will pick the winners from.  Tomorrow we will have more previews so come and check us out!

Thanks for stopping by.

FTPD


8 comments:

Kate said...

I swear Rebecca I don't know how you do it. Your cards are amazing and I love your coloring.

Hugs,
Kate

misteejay said...

Your cards are super - love them both but I think Lola is my fave.

Toni xx

KC said...

I never would have guessed that her shirt wasn't meant to be black...and I love your coloring! these are fab!

Kim C said...

The colors really pop! Nice cards like the ribbon!

Bonnie said...

Really gorgeous, I am just blown away by your coloring skills

sammi said...

Gorgeous cards and amazing coloring!

Robin said...

How gorgeous! Stay off the computer for one day and look what you miss. Love the colors and the designs. These are just beautiful. Great job Rebecca!

callyannc said...

These are just way too cute for words! So very fun and I am SO EXCITED for the 12 Days of Halloween coming up! Cannot wait to see all the projects and have the blinkie on my blog! TFS CallyAnn