Followers

Monday, October 17, 2011

The 12 Days of Halloween is Back!

On the first day of Halloween
My ghoul love gave to me
An owl in a rotten oak tree!


Hello everyone.  Simply Betty Stamps is doing the 12 Days of Halloween.  Betty started this last year and it was such a success, she decided to do it again.  I wasn't on the Design Team last year but I did participate in every challenge except one.  It was so exhausting but so much fun.  My mother was still with me last year and she tried to get me to stop playing along.  I was taking it way too seriously.  My mom has passed on but I am going to try to take her advice this year.  I have decided to only use things I already have (including images I already have stamped and ready to color) and to not try to be a perfectionist with them.  This is supposed to be fun.  

I made a flip book this morning with my Cinch to keep all my 12 Days in.  I used the SBS image Pipper from Burton Weenies.  I put her on one of the small flaps in the flip book since I am still not sure how I want the feel of the book to be.  I colored her with Copics, cut her out and popped her up with SU dimensionals.  Since the challenge for day 1 is an owl in a rotten oak tree, I put one behind her.  I used a stamp from SU and embossed it in silver.  I distressed it with blue and black ink but it doesn't show up well on the picture.  The ribbon was a scrap piece I just found buried while cleaning my studio.  The eyes in the corner are from Jolee. I didn't like the way they looked so I tried to take them off.  The paper ripped so now they are there for good.

I hope you like it.  Please hop over to SBS and check out what the rest of the DT has created.  I also hope you play along.  Thanks for stopping by.

FTPD

3 comments:

Ellis said...

Great card and I like the text! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Robin said...

I like the eyes. Looks great Rebecca. Your coloring is awesome too. Glad you are taking your mother's advice this year. It should be fun.

Unknown said...

I love your paper.