Followers

Friday, June 8, 2012

Tie the Knot


It is Fabulous Freebie Friday time with Sassy Studio Designs.  Today's free SSD image on Paper Craft Planet is Jenny the June Bride.  The challenge is Tie the Knot.  Use a ribbon and tie a knot or a bow on your project.


 

My niece just got married on May 19th.  I am currently working on a scrapbook of the wedding.  I thought this image would be perfect for the book.  I decided to do a page showing them getting ready right before the wedding with a focus on the bride.  I had camera issues big time with this one.  The background paper (from DCWV) has such a shine to it that the lighting just couldn't adjust.  The lighting in the brides picture made the background yellow and Grace blue.  

I still have to add a title to this page and do some journaling.  I made a second tag with pocket but the page was so busy already.   I think I added a bit too much to this page.  Make sure you head over to Paper Craft Planet and get your free image.  It is only available for 24 hours.  Also, SSD is have another mini release and blog hop tomorrow.  You won't want to miss it.  And if that isn't enough for you, we will be having a special treat on PCP coming up this month as well.  Check PCP for all the details.

Challenges entered:

Crafty Ann's #67 - It's a girl thing
Really Reasonable #49 - Flowers and ribbon
Cooking it up with Katie #96 - Ribbon and a die cut
Digi Stamps 4 Joy #43- Anything but a card for a wedding
Paper Crafting - Use a hand colored image
Blessings Ink - Anything goes
Simon Says - Texture
Digital Tuesdays #163 - Anything goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything goes
Crafty Creations #173 - Wedding or anniversary


Thanks for stopping by.

FTPD & NLG




24 comments:

Kathy said...

Great page Rebecca. What a pretty bride your niece made! Love your coloring on the image as always. Really cool way you did the sparkle, it looks like a real beaded or sequined overlay on a real gown, brilliant!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Beautiful layout and the added digi is the icing on the cake. Great coloring as always. TFS

Kim Kelley said...

WOW! This layout is gorgeous! She is going to love the album! What a beautiful bride she made! HUGS

Lori aka lorib117 said...

Rebecca, this scrapbook page is fabulous! I love all the sparkle you added.

Robin said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Beck. I love everything about it. It's not too busy. It's beautiful. I love how you colored the image. Especially her hair. Elizabeth will love it!

Jovan said...

Beautiful layout!

Charlene said...

Rebecca your scrapbook page is utterly gorgeous! And I just love how you decked out Jenny the June Bride in all that wonderful stickles! Thanks for joining us at Digistamps4Joy Anything But a Card for a Wedding Challenge....good luck ~ Charlene DS4J DT

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous layout, love the bride and the Stickles, very effective and I love the swirl. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Nicole G said...

Just LOVE this scrap page. Beautifully made!

Kate said...

That is a Gorgeous LO and the Bride both the stamp and your niece are beautiful. She is going to love your album once your done.

Hugs,
Kate

Ribbon Girl said...

Very nice layout - thanks for joining in with the Papertake Weekly challenge, Mary G x

Unknown said...

Love, love, LOVE IT!!!
Not so keene on the scrapbook page though.

The card is gorgeous!!! I looked like that at my first wedding. I didn't carry roses though, I don't remember what I was holding - I was probably drunk. My dress had sleeves too, otherwise it looks just like I did that day. Babs was there, she would know.

LOVE the sparkles, love the coloring - YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

Liz said...

Oh its sooooo gorgeous! I mean absolutely really, this is just beautiful..I am in awh at this. And I also just love when I am on your work :))

Stef H said...

how beautiful!!! thank you so much for joining us at Digistamps4Joy

Desire Fourie said...

Love everything about this beautiful creation. Wishing you a wonderful weekend with a bit of creativity on the side.
Hugs
Desíre
Digistamps4Joy DT Member
Doing Life

Caz said...

This is lovely thank you for joining us at Digistamps4joy and good luck.

Caz DS4J DT

Digistamps4Joy

Jen Leeflang said...

That sparkle is jut fabulous! I love it that you have entered a layout into our challenge at Digistamps 4 Joy!
Jen Leeflang
DS4J DT LEAD

Ann Whitfield said...

Wonderful layout and I love how you've used the digi on the page. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Regan said...

Stunning layout, Rebecca! Gorgeous dies! Pretty papers! Lovely photos! Love that tag in the pocket and the ribbon slide too! Not to mention your magnificent coloring and the fab sparkle you added to her dress and veil! What a beautiful keepsake of your niece's special day! :)
{hugs}
Regan

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful Layout!! Thank you for joining us for Really Reasonable Ribbon's "Flower and Ribbon Challenge"!! Hope to see you back in our next challenge :) Good Luck!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Jen said...

Lovely page, great layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's.
Jen x

l00pyscraftcreations said...

love it, and the glitter, as well, Thanks for joining in at Paper Crafting journey, and good luck
Lou P DT

Chris said...

Wow, what a great job on that bride - the coloring is amazing. So glad it's part of a scrapbook page so it can be enjoyed for a long time to come!

Thank you so much for playing in my Anything Goes over at Amusing Challenges. I'm just sorry that it's taken me so long to visit your blog!

Star said...

Oh, this is so lovely! Your niece is going to just LOVE it! You know how much I love sparkle... =D

Thanks for playing along with us at
Digistamps4Joy!
Star (DT Member)