Followers

Friday, June 1, 2012

Doodle Pantry Torch



This is my second post for the day.  I had so much fun with the Doodle Pantry eagle that I wanted to do another one of the newly released images.  This is the Liberty Torch.  Awesome right?!  I colored this while I was home sick.  I had just finished reading the first 2 Hunger Games books.  After reading about Katniss, the girl on fire, I had to color the flames.  Since I was doing that, I decided to color the hand with flesh tones instead of the color of the metal.  I thought it would add more impact to the flames.  I used Copics for all the coloring and added a touch of glitter on the tips of the flames.

Please head over to Doodle Pantry and check out all the new images.  Laurie does an amazing job! Thanks Laurie.  Thanks for stopping by.

FTPD & NLG

Challenges Entered:

Joyful Stamper - Anything goes
Kaboodle Doodles - Anything goes
Party Time Tuesdays - #70 Anything goes
Celebrate the Occasion - #64 Anything goes
Divas by Design - #37 Anything goes
Simon Says Stamp - Anything goes






23 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Absolutely stunning! Your coloring is gorgeous -- so lifelike; and the design is spectacular!

Barb said...

WOW this is beautiful!!

Kate said...

Wow I really love this one. That paper you used as the backdrop for that image is just PERFECT.

Hugs,
Kate

Linda Anderson said...

How stunning! Love your coloring and that gorgeous paper and stars. Simply wonderful!

Linda

Elizabeth Hart said...

Your layout and papers for the liberty torch or exactly the right touch. Fabulous!

Glenda Atkins said...

Your colouring of the torch is gorgeous and I love the flesh toned hand, great touch! Fabulous work Rebecca!

Marsha said...

Awesome card! Love the bright vibrant colors. Gorgeous coloring! Love your layout and that background paper. (I devoured all three hunger game books. Never read so fast before!)

Robin said...

I love the way you colored this. It's a beautiful image. The papers are so perfect for this one.

Unknown said...

Oh Beck - and I don't mean that as in "Oh Beck" but I mean it as OH BECK - this is just the most beautifully colored card you have ever colored. You've done some fantastic cards, but this is it. You have arrived, you're officially the absolute best

Kathy W. said...

Great coloring! Love this:)

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Stunning creation, great colours & layout!

Thank you for sharing with us at Divas this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Adrian said...

2 cute! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

AllisonG said...

Your coloring is PHENOMENAL! It looks so real. I loved the Hunger Game series and can see how it inspired you to make this card.

Georgia Ehrmann said...

I agree with everyone above...your coloring is so wonderful! It looks very realistic!
Wonderful creation
Hugs,
Georgia

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

What lively colors chosen for your card! Beautiful papers and image too!

Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Anything Goes” Challenge!

Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

nancyparker55 said...

Wow this is fanastic. Your colouring & colour choices are perfect. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

What a great patriotic image, beautiful coloring and your DP's are fabulous! Thank you for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Anything Goes" challenge :)

Sarah said...

Absolutely - blow-me-away - stunning!!! The colours you have used are just perfect and so real!! Aren't the Hunger Games books fantastic!!

Amy said...

Great card & design- Thanks for playing at CTO! :)Amy

Unknown said...

Great card, thanks for sharing with us this week over at Divas By Design Challenge blog, Big hugs Jo xxx

Regan said...

This is amazing, Rebecca! The flames are SO awesome! Great backdrop for the image! Always impressed by your coloring skills! :)
{hugs}
Regan

Esther said...

Wonderful patriotic card!
Thanks for joining CTO this week!

Lorianna said...

GORGEOUS!
I love everything about it!
Your flames look so real!!
Hugs,
Lorianna