Followers

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Platypus Creek Digitals Challenge - For the Boys



Welcome back for another awesome Platypus Creek Digitals challenge.  This challenge is For the Boys.  Please make a project designed for a Boy or Man.  Here is mine.



If you are like me, you don't make a lot of masculine cards.  It isn't as easy as it sounds.  Most of the papers I have are very far from masculine.  I searched through what I had and came up with this.  I started with the Blue Jay image from Platypus Creek Digitals.  I colored it with Copics.  I wanted to add some white gel pen to it but one broke and I can't find my other one.  I will have to go back and add it later.  I cut out my Blue Jay and popped it up.

I know bows aren't usually thought of as masculine but I felt like this card needed something more on the side. I am not sure who I will give this to but I will figure it out.  I thought at first it would make a good Father's Day card for my husband from our parrots.  Unfortunately, I made it while he was in the room so he has already seen it.  I still might give it to him.  I usually do something for him with a bird on it.  I hope you like it.

Please head over to Platypus Creek Digitals and see what the rest of the design team has created for your inspiration.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

Challenges entered:

The Stamp Man - Make it for a man
Fairy Tale - #41 Boys + Men
The Poodles Parlour - Father's Day or male card
Little Darlings - Boy card
Tuesday Throwdown - Masculine
Forever Friends - One for the boys
Simon Says - Anything goes
Lexi's Creations - #66 For the man/boy in our lives


FTPD & NLG



17 comments:

SiskiyouSue said...

Your bluejay is beautiful. I love them!

Thanks for visiting my blog. The flower I had a picture of is a Hoya, a strange houseplant (my opinion) that really just likes to be left alone! Just my style.

Robin said...

Such a pretty bird. I love the color scheme too. I don't think the bow is too feminine. You could use it for your father-in-law since hubby already saw it.

Kate said...

Beautifully colored Bird, it's almost 3D.

Hugs,
Kate

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous blue bird image and he is wonderfully coloured!The background is beautiful, love the blue and brown together!
hugs
glenda

Glenda Atkins said...

Hi, me again, just want to say thanks for joining the challenge at Lexi's Creations!
hugs

Unknown said...

This is so cute!!! Love the coloring and the background papers!

Regan said...

Pretty card! I love the bow! I think it's perfect! :)
{hugs}
Regan

Brenda Brown said...

A great bird card and so appropriate for a man Rebecca. Thanks for sharing this at the Stamp Man challenge this fortnight.
hugs {brenda} xox

Diane Louise J said...

Gorgeous image and coloured lovely. Thank you for joining us at FOREVER FRIENDS 'One For The Boys' Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again for our next challenge.
Diane x

Unknown said...

What a super bird image and such a lovely card great work well done Hugs Elaine

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card hun, my hubby would love it!
Hugs Shell xx

Unknown said...

Lovely card - love it! Thank you for joining us at The Poodles Parlour this time!

Chrizette
DT Member
Celestial Things

NanaConnie said...

Love that gorgeous blue and brown color combo, Rebecca! Perfect for our "Masculine" challenge at Lexi's Creations. Thank you for submitting this and I hope we're going to see your fantastic work again and again.
NanaConnie DT

Unknown said...

You always did want to give me the bird.

ddazzled71 said...

Rebecca I really loves how all the shades of blue really pop from your card and you have colored the wren beautifully! Fabulously Done xx

Julies Crafty Creations said...

The blue and brown go so well together, a great entry for our one for the boys challenge over at Forever Friends Challenges. Good Luck Julie x

Barbara said...

What a beautiful bird. Your coloring is just perfect. Love the blue and brown color combo.Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations for our current challenge: For the man/boy in your life. I hope that we will see your again on Monday for our next challenge. Hugs