Followers

Friday, June 1, 2012

Celebrate with SSD





Hello everyone.  I know, 3 posts in one day.  This is a first for me.  We have made a few changes and switched a few people around at SSD so now I am a Fabulous Freebie Friday Fabette.  For those of you who don't know, Sassy Studio Designs gives away a free image every Friday on Paper Craft Planet.  Here is today's freebie:



This is Ashlee's Prom.  Isn't she adorable.  The challenge is Celebrate.  Doesn't this take you back to the 80s?  I planned this out in my head at work today.  I wanted the entire project to be all black and white with polka dots.  The stripes were just a happy accident.  I was digging through my box-o'-scraps and had this leftover from another project.  The ribbon is from So Trendy and I just love it.  I have had it for a while and just opened it yesterday.  The main die cut is from QuicKutz.  I also used two different embossing folders on the circles.  I colored her with Copics.  The only thing missing is the white dots in her eyes.  My white pen broke :(.

Make sure you head over to Paper Craft Planet to get your freebie.  Before you go, let me tell you a little secret.  SSD is having a surprise mini-release blog hop on Saturday.  Make sure you check it out.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

FTPD & NLG

Challenges Entered:



Frosted Designs - Punches
Crafty Boots - Bowtastic/Anything goes
Ooh La La - #106 Make it girly
Crafting When We Can - #19 Fashion and pearls
Southern Girls - #45 Dying to die cut or punch





23 comments:

Lori aka lorib117 said...

I love, love, love this card! That polka dot dress is amazing and that color combo is fabulous!

Kate said...

Love you colored her makeup perfectly and her DRESS is just so pretty. just love how it turned out.

Hugs,
Kate

Jasmine said...

This is great! I love the black & white and that big diagonal bow! The polka dots on the dress were a great addition. Amazing coloring but that's a given :-)

Robin said...

This is a gorgeous card! I love the die cuts and papers. Your coloring is fabulous as always. Thanks for joining us at Crafting When We Can. Hope you will share more with us soon.

Unknown said...

This is not your creation, this is my prom picture from 1985. Where did you get this? Did Babs give you my prom pic? She's always been jealous of me.

boesch said...

Cathy ... do you really want me to post your "prom" picture on internet??

Angela said...

This one is soooo gorgeous Rebecca!!!
Love the black and white. The lay out is really awesome!!!

Sue Nicholson said...

Stunning card, lovely black n white layout. Thanks for joining us at SG Challenge, good luck, cheers Sue N x

Kim Kelley said...

Love the black and white! And the polka dots are adorable! HUGS

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

WOW Rebecca, what a fabulous mix of texture and colour. That image is amazing I love the way you have coloured her.

Thanks for joining us for our Diecuts challenge this fortnight.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Southern Girls DT

Teresa Jaye said...

oh! she is super sassy!!!! Adorable image and card! Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs!

Denise@DigiHaven said...

*whistle, whistle* LOL This is a sexy card. Love it.

Vicky said...

Love this card, the black and white is fantastic and the image is adorable, Thanks for joining us on crafting when we can, hugs vicky

Glenda Atkins said...

I like everything about this card! Beautifully done Rebecca!
glenda

Dee's Craft Room said...

Another fabulous card, I love your work, especially your colouring. Great layout on this card.


Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Pia S said...

I love your B&W card. Nice papers and love the sassy girl - you have colored her beautifully!

SiskiyouSue said...

I love your card, the black and white seems perfect for the image.

Unknown said...

very nice card. love your colouring. love black and white colour scheme. thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs.

Kathy said...

Her dress is so cool Rebecca, love it. The black and white is so classy and pretty, too. Another great one!

Nicole G said...

Your coloring is fantastic! Love the boldness of it.

Regan said...

She certainly is fabulous, Rebecca! I adore her dress and your layout is wonderful! The embossing & ribbon are terrific details! How can you stand being so talented? ;)
{hugs}
Regan

PAC CHARITY CARDS said...

Oh she is such a diva - I love the way you have done the dress and your colours are fabulous.

Thanks for joining us at Crafting When You Can.

Hugs
Caz DT member

Alli Devine said...

Really striking card the colouring is gorgeous and works so well with the stripes. Thank you for entering our make it girlie challenge at Ooh La La creations.

Alli x