Followers

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

With Deepest Sympathy


I am so happy to be able to use another awesome Doodle Pantry image.  Unfortunately, I am using it for a sad occasion.  My great uncle passed away yesterday.  He was 92.  He was the last of my grandmother's siblings.  She actually made it to 93 before she passed away.  I wasn't really close with him but I do adore his daughter.  This card will be going out to her.

I decided to use the English Bluebells from Doodle Pantry.  I thought they were so pretty.  I colored them with Copics, cut them out and popped them up with SU dimensionals.  I wanted to keep the card as simple as I could.  I usually don't add sentiments (which is strange because I call my blog Sydney's Sentiments).  I was told by many customers at a craft show that they liked an image but not the sentiment so I just quit putting them on my cards.  I think I will start again.  A great sentiment came with this particular image and I am wishing I would have put it on here.  The sentiment is I am so sorry. 

My thoughts and prayers go out to all my family members.  We have suffered several losses in the last few years including my mother who passed away last year.

FTPD & NLG


 
 

14 comments:

Barb Gmitro-Best said...

Rebecca, Sorry for your loss! Your card is beautiful!

Linda Anderson said...

Sorry for your loss. What a stunning card.

Linda

Donna said...

Beautiful card, Rebecca. So sorry that it's for a sad occasion. I love the framed look.

Robin said...

It's lovely Beck. Ruth Ann will love it too.

Regan said...

Oh, Rebecca, it's gorgeous! I'm so sorry for your family's loss! I'm sending hugs and comforting thoughts!
XX
Regan

Glenda Atkins said...

Sorry for the passing of your Great Uncle Rebecca.

Your card is simply gorgeous, love the vivid colour you gave the bluebells!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Rebecca,
So sorry for your loss...Your card is stunning and will be treasured bu your great uncle's daughter...
Hugs

AllisonG said...

Sorry you had the need to make a card for such a sad occasion, but it's beautiful!

auntbeespickles said...

Oh Rebecca this is really a beautiful card! She will cherish it! Love the coloring - just beautiful. The flowers really pop! Great card even though it is for a sad occasion.
Hugs, Sarah

Elizabeth Hart said...

What a beautiful card - the coloring on the flowers is so realistic - like you could reach out and touch the flower itself.

Dawn Frost said...

Oh Rebecca the bluebells look amazing! You've made a very elegant sympathy card that I know will be appreciated!

Marsha said...

Love the deep color you used. Bordered with the die cut - beautiful.

Kathy W. said...

Love this in purple!! Great job:) So sorry for your loss.

Unknown said...

Oh my - this is absolutely beautiful - my favorite colors, and one of my favorite flowers - you are the best!!!!!