Followers

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Corrosive Challenge #221-Hop Into Spring


Hi everyone.  I am back with a really fun project.  The theme for the current challenge from Corrosive Challenges is Hop Into Spring.  All you have to do is create a project for Easter or Spring.  Our sponsor is Sami Stamps and the prize is a $12 gift voucher!!!

I decided to do a mixed media piece using Comfy Cocoa by Sami Stamps.  I recently got a new planner to try to stay more organized.  I bought all the pieces separately and put them all together in a small binder.  There were a few chipboard pieces included with some of the parts I ordered.  I told my mother-in-law I was going to decorate them.  She said she wanted to tell me a story.  She was talking with a friend of hers when her friend told her that her daughter-in-law (that would be me) is so pretty and really lights up a room.

I am like most women.  I put myself down a lot.  I never think anything I do is good enough and I have never considered myself pretty.  I gained a lot of weight and am very self-conscious about it.  My mother-in-law is always telling me she loves my hair and thinks I am so pretty.  After she told me her story she asked if I would please decorate one of the pages with the quote, "I light up the room."  She said that way, I would never forget.  So here it is.  I hope you guys like it.

Please head over to the Corrosive Challenges blog and check out what the rest of the design team has created for your inspiration.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

FTPD & NLG

Card Recipe
Dies:  Butterfly Frenzy by Tim Holtz/Alterations
Sticky Notes by QuicKutz
Punches:  Grass by Fiskars
Stencils:  Mini Burst by Balzer Designs/TCW
Dragonflies by Plaid
Stamps:  Reflections & Ultimate Grunge by Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous
Inks & Sprays:  Calypso Teal, Lemon Zest & Fresh Lime Dylusions
Onyx Black Versafine
Lettuce & Sunshine Yellow Adirondack
Perfect Plumb Stampin Up
Fuchsia Pink & Olive StazOn
Misc:  Paper Scraps
Copics, Liquitex Gesso, Golden Soft Gel Matte, Liquitex Modeling Paste, Studio 71 acrylic paints, Tarnished Brass Distress Paint, Copic Opaque White
Challenges entered:

Deep Ocean #100 - Easter/Spring
Simon Says Wednesday - Anything goes
Word Art Wednesday ##176 - Anything goes
Art Impressions #156 - Spring colors
Scrap & Craft #5 - Flowers
Southern Girls #107 - Punches and/or dies
Polka Doodles #13 - Use a die
Country View March - Anything goes
Party Time Tuesday #196 - Anything goes
Whimsy Stamps ##81 - Use a die

10 comments:

Cheri Burry said...

Your mixed media piece is absolutely gorgeous! I love all the colours and layers! Thanks for playing along with us over at Art Impressions in our current challenge "Spring Colours"!

Alison said...

It makes me sad to know that you don't think your work is good enough. You have always been one of my favorite artists in bloggyland. I think you are amazingly creative, and I am always inspired by what you create. You are a wonderful person, please never doubt yourself. We all go through it...I do too, but just remember that there are people that look up to you and care for you.
This piece is just beautiful. I love everything about it. You should hang it in a prominent space so that you remember this sentiment always. xoxo

Robin said...

This is exquisite! I love all the textures and the colors. It's perfect for your book. You light up my life too...don't forget it. I don't know what I would do without you.

Candy Spiegel said...

This is so beautiful! And I love that it is you and goes along with such a delightful story. I've always thought the same thing!! You do light up a room!

Margot-craftcorner said...

Wow this is awesome :)Thank you for joining us at Scrap & Craft :) Margot DT

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

love all the mixed media on your card! Thanks for playing with us at Southern Girls Challenge!

Penny said...

Great colours choices so vibrant. Thanks for playing in the Use a Die challenge with Polkadoodles.

Penny

jenn shurkus said...

beautiful creation!! :) Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Bev said...

such a colourful project. Thank you for joinin in with our 'Die' challenge at Polkadoodles this fortnight. http://polkadoodle.blogspot.ca/2015/03/week-13-use-die-polkadoodles-crafting.html

Ryn Tanaka said...

I like the colours in this one and the mixed media feel to the background!