Followers

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Winter Worm from Doodle Pantry




This little cutie is Winter Worm, part of the new release from Doodle Pantry.  Doesn't he make you think of the movie A Christmas Story?  I used to babysit a family of three when I was 16.  I took the three kids to see that movie as a treat for being good.  I was a bit shocked that their parents let me.  But then again, I wasn't the average teenager and they were perfectly safe with me.  We all had a great time.  I thought this would make a great Christmas card for a kid. 

I colored this little worm with Copics, cut him out and popped him up on SU dimensionals.  The papers are from Authentique.  I added some glass bead gel on the worm and some glass effects on the pole for ice.  I had trouble with the lighting so you can't really see it but in person, the ice looks cool.  The ribbon is leftover from some wedding favors I made.

Please head over to Doodle Pantry and check out all the fabulous new releases.  Thanks for stopping by.

Challenges entered:

Lexi's Creations #70 - Christmas in July
Scrapbook Sisters - Christmas 
The Cutie Pie - Christmas in July
Ribbon Carousel - Christmas in July
Cardmadfairy's Digi Days - Christmas in July
Sweet Stampin' - Christmas in July
Pile it on - #31 - Cute as can be 
2 Sisters #102 - Christmas in July

FTPD & NLG

25 comments:

Kate said...

LOL Too cute.

Val said...

I am a new subscriber to your blog and totally love your style!

Do you have a tutorial on how to use Copic marker like you do? Your shading and nuances are fabulous and I would like to learn how to use markers more effectively!

A wonderful blog and I LOVE Winter Worm

"Thtuck, thtuck,thtuck!!!"

Hazel said...

Cute image - thanks for sharing your card for my CHNC challenge 83 - hope to see you again soon. x

Kim Kelley said...

That is too funny! Perfect for a kid and your coloring is beautiful...hmm can a worm be beautiful? HUGS

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful card and image. thanks for joining us at cutie pie christmas in july challenge, good luck cheers Sue N x

Robin said...

Such a cutie pie! I hope he doesn't hurt his tongue. I figure it must be a boy because a girl would never do this. Ha Ha!

ahlers5 said...

What a cute card. Thanks so much for joining us at 2 Sisters this week.
Diane

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi. Such a fun card. Love the papers and design, great colours too, and a fun image.
Thank you for joining us at Lexi's Creations and good luck.
Love Sandra xxx

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous colouring Rebecca and love all the things you did to make the pole realistic. Great job!

Linda Anderson said...

Oh this wormie totally made me think of the movie - I double dog dare ya!!! Super cute card with such wonderful coloring.

Linda

Flowergirl said...

Brilliant card, fab image,
Thanks for joining in with The Cutie Pies,
Wendy x

Anonymous said...

cute card! Thanks for playing with us at 2 Sister this week.
hugs,
jill

Pia S said...

This card brought a smile to my face. I remember as a kid that we were warned about licking the lamp posts in the cold, because your tongue would stick to it. And I remember that the temptation to try it out anyway was a bit too strong for some of the kids on the block...
Fab design, great papers and colors.

Glenda Atkins said...

Hi Rebecca, back again to comment on your gorgeous card, this time to say thanks for entering our challenge at Lexi's Creations. good luck!
glenda
xx

Catie Cuddles said...

What a fun image! Thanks for sharing at CHNC and hope to see you again soon.
Catherine

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness - what a cute image! Thank you for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time! Good luck in the Challenge.

Chrizette
DT Member
Celestial Things

PS I have a giveaway on my blog if you would like to drop by.

Rachel said...

Cute card! Love that image!
Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

Unknown said...

Hi there, what a fun image and a great card.

Thanks for joining in with us at Sweet Stampin this week.

Sarah

Candy Spiegel said...

So cute!

Unknown said...

ha ha how funny :D love the image. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week and good luck xxx

Sue W. said...

Cute! The pole looks real.

Unknown said...

OH a worm wearing a sweater, on a pole and with a little tongue. LOVE IT!!! So cute!!!

mandy said...

ha love your card Hun the image it's so funny :)

Thanks for joining us at 2 Sisters Challenge

Hugs Mandy xxx

Regan said...

I watch that movie every Christmas morning! lol Adorable card! Love the colors; those are fabulous papers! Amazing coloring and the worm is too cute! :)
{hugs}
Regan

Jessie/knightrone said...

Amazing coloring! So funny and cute! Thanks for playing along with the Ribbon Carousel!