Followers

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Tea Anyone?


Hi everyone.  Today Sassy Studio Designs is sponsoring not one, but two challenge blogs.  The first is Altered Elusions and their challenge is Mixed Media.  I wasn't quite sure where to start with this one.  I was cleaning my room and found some fat quarters I forgot about in my quilting stash.  The teapots on the fabric made me think of Alice in Wonderland and luckily SSD has an Alice image.  I colored her with Copics but unfortunately I did it while watching TV and hanging pictures up in my living room.  I had focus issues causing me to mess her hair up a little.  

The second challenge blog is Sunday Sketch & Stamp.  Here is the sketch they provided.
This gave me my layout.  For the bottom left corner, I used chipboard.  I coated it with several layers of ultra thick embossing powder.  While it was hot, I stamped it.   Then I used some rub-n-buff to bring out the impression of the stamp.  I also added some lace and a cute little lady bug brad.

Please check out these challenges and join in.  Have a great day.

I am entering my card into these challenges:

Dream Valley #38 - Die cuts and punches
Inky Impressions - Embossing
Art Impressions #74 - Stitching or fabric
Squiggle Stamps - Use your stash
Crazy Amigo - Dies and punches
Bearly mine - Anything goes

Thanks for stopping by.
FTPD & NLG

15 comments:

Lori aka lorib117 said...

Rebecca, this is beautiful! Your coloring is fabulous and I love that background paper and lace.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous - her hair looks perfect.

Kate said...

Gorgeous. Can't wait to see your coloring tutoring my friend.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word this is so very pretty the image is a beauty I love how you have coloured her, the papers and lace look wonderful, thank you for joining our challenge at Bearly Mine this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

gina g said...

Wow what a gorgeous card, great image and colouring.. Thanks for joining us at Bearly mine this week. luv gina xx

Regan said...

This is fabulous, Rebecca! Love your take on the sketch and that teacup fabric is perfect! And I think Alice turned out wonderfully! Your coloring is top notch, as always! :)
{hugs}
Regan

paper fun said...

Gorgeous card. I love your Alice and I think her hair is really good.

Thanks for joining us at Sunday Sketch and Stamp.

Mari

Renee Matarese said...

This is so cute! The fabric couldn't be more perfect for it! Wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions this week. Hope we see you again soon.
Renee

Ani said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along at BMD this week! Hugs, Ani
P.S. We have a candy over at Card Mania Challenges, if you're interested

Unknown said...

wowzers I love this card ... maybe its my addiction to alice lol... Thanks for getting embossed with us at Inky impressions xx

Kerry said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
Kerry

Lalo said...

WOW that's some great coloring! What a card!!! Thanks for using your stash for the squiggles challenge!!!

Donna Mosley said...

A gorgeous card Rebecca, love the image. Thanks for joining us at SS&S.

Donna x

MagsB said...

Very cute! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley Challenges

love Mags B x

sammi said...

Very cute, Rebecca! Love the addition of the lace! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your creation and play along with us in our “Stash Attack” challenge at Squiggle Stamps We're so hapy you joined us and hope you will play, again, next time! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Squiggle Stamps