Followers

Saturday, February 11, 2012

SSD FAN-tastic Valentine Blog Hop


It is now time for the long awaited Sassy Studio Designs FAN-tastic Valentine Blog Hop.  If you came here from the amazing Wonder Regan's blog, you are on the right track.  If you started here, the full hop list is below so you can get back on track.  As you know, Sassy Studio Designs asked you, the FANS, what images you would like to see.  Everything you see during this hop was inspired by the FANS that suggested them. 

I am happy to present Bonnie of the Nile.  This was suggested by...Bonnie of course.  I think this is my new all-time favorite SSD image.  I colored her with Copics, cut her out and popped her up with SU dimensionals.  The mat behind her is metal and I ran it through my BigShot with and embossing folder.  The background paper is from Heart of Wisdom.  I love Egytian things.  This was so much fun.

Now down to business.  The theme of our FAN-tastic Valentine Blog Hop is "Who is your celebrity Valentine?"  We will tell you, then you tell us.  If you do, your name will go in the hopper for some free images.  All the details are on the SSD blog.  We will also give away images for commenting on our DT blogs.  Just leave us love as you hop, then tell us on SSD who your celebrity Valentine is.  We are also looking for a guest designer for next month.  Please enter your name on the SSD blog if you are interested.  You get free images, make new friends and have lots of fun.

 Here is my celebrity Valentine:



Yum, yum, yum.  For those of you who don't know him, this is Jared Padalecki from Supernatural.  He is hot, hot, hot!!!!  He also has a beautiful smile.  That is what initially caught my attention.  He is so cute when he smiles, you can't help but smile back.  I thought you might prefer seeing these pictures instead of his smile though.  I would ask you not to tell my hubby about him but he already knows.  Every weekend we watch Supernatural together.  He thinks it is funny as I am just a wee bit too old for Jared. 

Your next stop on the hop is our guest designer for this month and also my sister (no nepotism here, I did not vote), Robin.  It is so much fun having her on the team this month.  Please head over and check out her Valentine.  One more thing before you go.  We will be having a Party Chat with the Design Team at 10:00 pm on SSD blog.  Join us won't you?  Here is the full hop order:


Rebecca - this is me!!!
Robin (Guest)

Thanks for stopping by. 

FTPD & NLG


Challenges Entered:

Paper Take Weekly - Anything Goes
Scrapbook Sisters - Anything Goes
Craft Us Crazy - Anything Goes
Joyful Stamper - Anything Goes
The Poodles Parlour - Anything Goes




36 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card. That egyptian image is certainly a stand out. Not sure of the Supernatural but I'm enjoying looking.

Mary M. said...

Gorgeous coloring and I absolutely love the papers and elements. Your celebrity is a hottie.

Kathy said...

Beautiful Rebecca! Gorgeous coloring as always. I can't believe you found the Egyptian paper, wow, that is perfect!

Lotta said...

Hi Rebecca, your coloring is amazing! Oh and how you managed that gold effect!! And how beautiful and matching the paper is! Super! hugs Sandra

happyscrapper said...

Rebecca this is stunning. I love the coloring on Bonnie. The embossed metal is fabulous.
Hugz,
Christine

Robin said...

She is absolutely the most gorgeous creation I have ever seen. And I'm not saying that because your my sister. This is just such a beautiful card. What a hottie Jared is.

Kim Kelley said...

All right Miss Rebecca...this is simply stunning! I love how you did the back ground...really sets Bonnie off! Stunning! HUGS!!!

Cathi said...

Really like your card and the mosaic background! This is the most fun hop - these valentine boys are making me smile!!!

Cathi
http://designsbycathi.blogspot.com/

Sara said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Your coloring rocks as usual, and that paper is gorgeous-along with your celbrity crush-hehe!

Michelle-a-bella said...

WOW,your girl is so life like, your coloring is FABULOUS!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that paper! I looked all over my room and online for some papers to use with this image and couldn't find anything! Shocker for as much paper as I have! Great coloring too! I love how you've colored her!
What a hottie you have as a Celeb crush! Proud to be on the DT with you! ;-)
Hugs,
Karen C (fellow Sassy Sister)

Rene said...

Oh, how fabulous!! Bonnie as Cleopatra, just wonderful!!The colours are great and I like the metal background!!
MMMh, the valentine is quite soft on the eyes...age doesn't matter when it comes to eye candy, I think...:)

Mrs. Sassy Crafter (Fabi) said...

Rebecca, wonderful card! and your coloring as always is so stunning, I seriously need you to teach me =0).....xoxo

Debbie said...

Love the beautiful textures going on here, even on your crush's chest! LOL!

Kate said...

GORGEOUS CARD REBECCA and like always STUNNING coloring. This card just looks amazing.

Hugs,
Kate

BlackBird said...

Wow, she is great!

Linda Palmer said...

Wow!! Beautiful card Rebecca. Love the gorgeous coloring on that beautiful dress. Great card.

Bonnie said...

I always look forward to seeing your creations & this one does not disappoint. Everything about this card from the background paper to the coloring is beautiful.

KC said...

ooooh I like her in that green dress! your coloring is awesome!!

Jovan said...

Beautiful card!

Regan said...

OMG, Rebecca! That is the most gorgeous thing EVER! And your card's not bad either! Haha! Just kidding! I was actually talking about your card. No, really, I was! lol Jared's cute and all, but your coloring is out of this world, and I love the paper! Is it digital? I MUST have it! Awesome idea to emboss the metal sheet! She is truly a work of art! :)
{hugs}
Regan

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! I really LOVE how you colored her, and the backdrop you created for our sassy girl! ;o)

Ellis said...

Amazing card and stunning coloring! =) My sister wholeheartedly agress with you, I'm more a fan of his "brother"! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Heather D. said...

Fun card! I love all the metalic pieces to it. Very cool!

Ginger said...

Gorgeous coloring! Stunning Card!

In paper heaven said...

This card is breathtaking. You have done an amazing job of coloring this beautiful image and the metal background adds to the rich color choices. Wow!

~ Barb said...

Oh my goodness, her dress is absolutely gorgeous! She just shines! And what a great idea to emboss the metal paper behind her. It took me awhile to notice he wasn't smiling, that wasn't the first place I looked either ;o)

Jac’s Playground said...

WOW! Stunning card, really shines out at you. Oh my thank you for the eye candy, great way to start my day! he is very yummy! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week

Jacq said...

Hi Rebecca,
This is Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Love the gorgeous image you've used, the dp, the colour scheme is just perfect. Love the layout and the embellishments. Coloured perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Poodles Parlour and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Shari said...

what a great card! I love your colouring.

Scrappy Scatty said...

Lovely card
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week
Love Jan
xx

Unknown said...

Oh wow! Gorgeous card, love your coloring, oh...did I say card...yep I meant your card...handsome fellows too! Hugs! Leah ann

Unknown said...

OK I love Cleopatra - if I believed in reincarnation, and I don't, I'd think I was Cleopatra in another life. Great job on this card.

Lisa said...

Thank you Rebecca for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly with this beautiful card!

CraftyGirl said...

Okay, I hate picking favorites but OMG, your card is stunning. I love your colors and everything about it. Your choice of man candy is right on as well. Yum Yum indeed.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl

Candy Spiegel said...

This is amazing! I absolutely love it. The metallic background really makes the stamp pop and your coloring is so beautiful!