Followers

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Flowers for Mum


Hi everyone.  Today Platypus Creek Digitals has 2 great new Mother's Day images for you.  This is flowers for Mum.  Isn't she a cutie?  This was a sad card for me to make so I tried to turn it into a happy one.  My mother has been gone a little over a year.  Since I couldn't make a card for her, I decided to make this for my niece Becca.  Yes, she was named after me.  She has a three year old daughter, Bailey and an 11 month old named Riley (not really, his name is Jensen but I call him Riley).  I thought it would be nice to make this for them to give to their mommy.

I used Copics to do the coloring.  I wanted to frame the image with flowers but didn't have the time to make any.  I picked up a pack of flowers from Pat Catan's and just attached them with glue dots.  It worked perfectly.  I hope Bailey likes it but most of all, I hope Becca likes it.

Please head over to PCD and see what beautiful creations the Design Team has made.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

FTPD & NLG

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Rebecca, this is the cutest! I think your niece will be so touched by this card. Fun frame of flowers, too, adds a great touch. I'm sure this one was tough for you to make, but I'm glad you did, your niece will love this!
Hugs~Kathy

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful card, I'm sure your niece will love to give it to her mother. Fabulous colouring on the image and I love all those flowers around the circle.Every Mother's day brings some feelings of loss to those of us who no longer have a Mother. The first few years are the hardest. hugs, Glenda

Robin said...

Becca will love it I'm sure. She is very cute. I just love all the happy in this card. Mom would love it too.

Ruthie Lopez said...

Beautiful card!! I love the colors!!!
Ruthie

TRACEY O said...

Beautiful card Rebecca, I'm sure the little ones will be very pleased to give this to their mum.
Great job on the colouring.

Unknown said...

Oh how adorable!!! I LOVE it!!! The flowers, the coloring, perfect. I do think the white behind her fades her a bit, but I'm not sure what other color of paper would have been better. You are amazing!!!

ddazzled71 said...

This is just gorgeous Rebecca. You have coloured this sweet image so beautifully and your floral frame is a wonderful finishing touch.