Followers

Friday, August 26, 2011

Sketch Challenge at Simply Betty Challenges


It's a sketch challenge at Simply Betty Challenges today.  That means you can use any sketch from any challenge so the hard part will already be done for you.  I am using a sketch from Card Positioning Systems.  This is my first challenge with them.  I just found them online the other day.  They also have lots of prior sketches as well for those days when your mojo just isn't working.

I used the Evil Queen Rio image from Simply Betty Stamps.  I am sorry but she is just too darn cute to be evil.  This card is for my friend Mrs. Jones.  My husband picked out the image saying it was perfect for her.  I gave Rio blonde hair in honor of Mrs. Jones.  She is a Halloween nut so this Halloween image is perfect, as is the background paper. 

I colored Rio with Copics (my marker of choice).  I added some MS Glitter Glue to her crown and mirror.  I used a Spellbinders die for the mat behind Rio and ran it through my BigShot with a Swiss Dots embossing folder for a little texture.  The cute little pumpkin is actually a button from Dress It Up.  The sentiment is from SU and the papers are from my still-not-empty-box-o'-scraps.

I hope you like it and Happy Birthday Mrs. Jones.  Thanks for stopping by.

FTPD & NLG

2 comments:

Robin said...

Great coloring! Green is my favorite. You are so right, she is to cute to be evil. She looks like a princess.

Liz said...

Love this :)