Followers

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Lighter Side of Burton


Today The Burtonesque Dolls are doing the "Lighter Side of Tim Burton".  We are using adorable Merkids from Simply Betty Stamps.  I am using Tiki.  I must admit I had some trouble here.  I am really not all that familiar with Burton's lighter side.  I only know the funky, quirky and dark Burton material.  I decided that part of The Nightmare Before Christmas could be considered lighter so I went with a Christmas theme.  If you ask any of my friends, I am all about Christmas.

I colored Tiki with Copics and added some liquid applique to give her a little fluff.  I used mostly scrap paper.  I am on a mission to use up all my scraps in the next two months.  My stash is getting out of hand.  My studio has spread into my bedroom.  It is so out of hand that my sister has spent several hours already trying to control it and contain it to one room.  What can I say?  The creative mind is a messy one!

Please hop over to TBD and see what the other have created and play along.   Then stop by Simply Betty Stamps and get your very own Merkids.  Thanks for stopping by.

FTPD & NLG

No comments: