Followers

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

ON THE 12TH DAY OF HALLOWEEN...

...my ghoul love gave to me, 12 witches cackling.  Simply Betty Challenges gave us our last Halloween challenge which was to use witches in our project.  Here is my entry:



I made a crystal ball with bat wings.  This is the front of the card.  I used SBS Cassandra digi.  I am partial to that one as it shares a name with my niece.  I cut an acetate circle and added a hammered metal base.  I embellished the base with a layer of black drippy goo and a layer of orange drippy goo courtesy of my MS drippy goo punch.  I also added some MS cobwebs. 



Here is the inside.  I used a cloudy background for the inside of my crystal ball.  You can't tell but there is a little cobweb at the top to cover where the bat head is on the outside.  The sentiment is from SU and is one of my favorite ones.  I added a couple of stars on the inside and there is also one on the acetate front.

The bat wings were cut out using my silhouette.  I used pearl paper and added depth with Copic markers.  Once again my photography skills failed me.  The bat wings look fabulous in person.




Here is a close shot of Cassandra.  I colored her with Copic markers.  Green is my favorite color so I had to make her dress green.  I gave her red hair in honor of my sister who is my Cassandra's mother. 

I must take a moment to thank Betty.  I had an absolutely wonderful time participating in these 12 challenges.  I pushed myself harder than I thought I could and loved every minute of it.  The grand prize winner won't be announced until November 5th.  I feel sorry for my family and friends who must deal with me until then. 

I must also take a moment to congratulate all who participated.  You all were amazing.  What a great group of people and such spectacular work.  Good luck to all and thank you so much for stopping by.

FTPD





3 comments:

Andrea C said...

WOW!!!! Those bat wings are just so darn amazing!!!!!! love it x

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Such a fabulous project and those greens looks stunning against that backdrop! Those bat winds are awesome and a wonderful detail. ;D

stick said...

Those bat wings are amazing!! Wonderful card :)