Followers

Monday, October 11, 2010

On the 4th Day of Halloween...

...my ghoul love gave to me 4 crazy Ravens.  So for this SBC challenge we had to use ravens.  We also had to include this quote from Vincent "His voice was soft and very slow as he quoted The Raven from Edgar Allen Poe: “and my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor shall be lifted? Nevermore…”



So here is my entry.  My cardstock is some tan shimmer paper I got at Pat Catan's.  The DP is from JoAnn's.  I think the chandelier stamp is from Kaiser.  I used James from the Simply Betty Victorian Beauties.  I tried to go for a Victorian feel.  I thought the paper looked like wallpaper.  I cut out four large ravens and alternated them in brown and black (not sure if you can tell in the picture).  I also added a shadowed raven in the chandelier.  I had the gems laying around and thought they went well with the coloring of the card.  I also added a flourish in the bottom right corner but I think the background paper kind of swallows it up.



My last card didn't make the cut for day 3 :'(  so I am hoping to do better this time.  I am still having trouble getting dimension to show in my pictures so I scanned this one.  If anyone has any tips on getting a good picture, I am open to suggestions. 


Simply Betty Challenges is offering great prizes for this 12 day challenge.  Get in on it if you can.
                                                                                                                                                         


1 comment:

Liz said...

This reminds me of the story a tell tale heart and poe is one of my favorite people ever so i love love love it :)