Followers

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Welcome to Hogwarts!!!!


Today is Day #1 of The Burtonesque Dolls Preview of Funky Potters from Simply Betty Stamps.  I have a confession to make, I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan!  I originally read the first book when there was so much controversy over it.  I purchased it for my niece, Grace, and the family had heard it wasn't appropriate and was evil so I read it.  Once I did, there was no turning back for me.  I absolutely loved it!  I ended up reading every book in the series multiple times. 

Meet Miss Hermione Granger.  For those of you who don't know, Hermione is a bit of a know-it-all but in a lovable way.  She is one of Harry Potter's best friends and the smartest in their class.  She reads every book she can get her hands on and her brain helps Harry get through some pretty rough times. 

One of the first spells we remember Hermione for is "Alohomora" when she, Harry and Ron are trying to get through a locked door in The Sorcerer's Stone.  I colored her with Copics and used a Spellbinders banner die for the sentiment.  I knew I wanted a door on the card since "Alohomora" opens a locked door.  I cut it out of cardstock and my niece, Bianca, had the idea to angle it as if it was opened.  I used a great brad from Pizzazz Aplenty for the door.  Now I have a key leftover for another project as they were a set.  I popped Hermione up on Stampin' Up dimensionals. 

Please stop over at TBD and check out what the rest of the Design Team has done.  These images are so fun to work with.  Thanks so much for stopping by and please check back for Funky Potter #2.  I will give you a hint...it is someone known for her Bat-Bogey Hex.  See you tomorrow.

FTPD & NLG

5 comments:

Jamie Phillips said...

I so love this card and Harry Potter. Is this image in the store now? I absolutely Love It!

Unknown said...

Outstanding job on this card!!

Regan said...

SO cool, Rebecca!!! Love the door and your sentiment - perfect for Hermione! Fantastic! Plus I really love the banner die and your coloring is always top-notch! :)
{hugs}
Regan

Bianca said...

I love that u like the door that I told u how tho make. I love the distress on it. I love the way u colored her!

Unknown said...

I love the way you colored the cape.