Followers

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Get Well Wishes and Handmade Embellies!!!!


This lovely card is doing double duty for me today.  The Sassy Studio Designs challenge is to use handmade embellishments on your project.  SSD is also sponsoring a challenge over at Aud Sentiments.  That challenge is to make a get well project.  My good friend & fellow DT member Julie is also on the DT for Aud Sentiments.  She is awesome!  Pop over there and check it out. 

I used this amazing Nurse digi from SSD to start off with.  I colored her with Copics (of course) and popped her up with SU dimensionals.  The brown cardstock is generic from Archiver's.  I don't remember where I got the patterned paper.  The sentiment is from SU.  The aqua ribbon is generic from Pat Catan's.

I got the idea for the bandage from Jasmine (her name has been changed to protect the innocent).  I was originally trying to find some kind of patterned paper with bandages on it but also knew I wanted to make a handmade embellishment for it.  I hope you can tell in the picture that it is a bandage.  Pretty cool huh?  Thanks Jasmine.

Please pop over to Sassy Studio Designs to see what the other DT members made for you and join in the fun.  We would love to see what you come up with. 

Thanks for stopping by!

FTPD


UPDATE:   I was able to get another card done with handmade embellishments.


The image on this one is Sassy Ghost from the SSD Halloween line. 
The background paper had a victorian feel to it and I thought the Sassy Ghost looked like Sarah Jessica Parker as a ghost in an old movie.  I loved the paper so much (before the glitter fell off and got all over the place). I thought they would be perfect together.

The handmade embellies are quilled roses and leaves.  I find quilling to be a PIA but I really enjoy it.  Aunt Sylvia helped with these.  We found a cheat way to do them that takes much less time.  I prefer the long way but I was really pressed for time tonight.

4 comments:

Liz said...

The nurse card is adorable and i love the color scheme. The second card is amazing. It's very elegant and mysterious. I absolutely love it. Extremely great job.

Rosa Witten said...

Awesome cards! I love the Bandage totally cool. The colors on the second card are stunning.
:)
Rosa

Robin said...

These cards are amazing. The bandage looks real. The coloring is absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful job.

Rhonda Sue said...

I know you used me for your inspiration on the get well card, but the hair color is wrong.lol. Really though both cards are wonderful.