Followers

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Corrosive Challenge #205 - Birthday


Hello all.  It is time for another fabulous challenge from Corrosive Challenges.  This time we want to see your birthday cards.  Our sponsor is Sami Stamps.
$12 Gift Certificate
This was the first card I did in a long time where I didn't fussy cut.  It just felt strange to me.  I love to fussy cut and pop things up.  I did pop the image up but not one bit of fussy cutting was done. I hope you like it.  It was a busy day for me.  I made 54 cupcakes for my husband's 50th birthday party.  That really tired me out and I still have to clean up the mess so I will be brief.  Please head over to Corrosive Challenges and see what the rest of the design team has created for your inspiration.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.
FTPD & NLG
Card Recipe:
Image:  Wild Flower Beauty from Sami Stamps
Sentiment:  Stampendous
Punches/Dies:  Stampin' Up! & Marianne Design
Ribbon:  Really Reasonable Ribbon
Misc:  Irene's Papers-n-Things flower, Ranger Embossing Powder, Copics, Stickles, Distress Ink
 
 Challenges entered:

Dream Valley #87 - Fave color combo (Green + anything)
Crafty Sentiments - Anything goes
Die Cuttin' Divas #176 - Anything goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty #188 - Anything goes
Simon Says Wednesday - Anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #143 - Anything goes
Suzy Bee's #40 - Anything goes
Dies R Us #7 - Birthday 
Glitter n Sparkle #96 - Add glitter and sparkle
Art by Miran #11 - Anything goes

7 comments:

Darlene said...

Fabulous coloring and design Rebecca! Great use of dies too! Well done!
WOW! That's a lot of cupcakes ... bet they were delicious!!
Thanks so much for playing in our ‘BIRTHDAY’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Maria said...

Wow! Gorgeous card with lovely girl image and perfect coloring! Great use of die cuts, too! You were busy making lots of cupcakes...how fun! Happy Birthday to your husband!:-) Thanks for joining us this month for the "Birthday" challenge at Dies R Us! Come back soon!:-)

Virginia L. said...

The coloring is amazing, Rebecca! I love the embellishment details and colors! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Jenny Alia said...

I love this image. Amazing coloring and beautiful color combo. Love your use of dies too. Thanks for joining us at the Dies R Us Birthday Challenge and Good Luck in the draw. -Jenny, DRU DT

Judith said...

This is fabulous - I just love the colours and that flower is the perfect finishing touch - thank you for playing along at Pennys Papercrafty challenge this week hugs Judith xx

Unknown said...

Hi Rebecca! This card is stunning!I love your coloring on her hair and dark shading on her shirt. The paper layout behind the image is also fantastic.

I have featured your project on the Sami Stamps Blog and facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/SamiStamps?ref_type=bookmark

http://samistamp.blogspot.com/2014/08/corrosive-challenge-205-sponsorship.html

Sami Stamps is also currently having a challenge that is "Anything Goes." The only requirement is to use a Sami Stamps image. So Both your cards qualify if you want to play along!

Helen said...

Beautiful - love the way you've coloured her hair.

Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

Helen x